Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Male Barali Manju Irali

I am quite late in writing about the songs of Male Barali Manju Irali.What to do?Exams have come on a very wrong time.Anywayz,I informed you about Shreya's presence in Male Barali.... in my last to last post I guess.Well,Shreya has two songs in the album,one being a solo and other one a duet with Sonu Nigam.Music is given by Mano Murthy who always gives a song to Shreya in his album.Lets talk about the songs one by one.

Gelathi Neenu(Shreya Ghoshal and Sonu Nigam) - Well,Mano Murthy - Shreya combo has delievered some evergreen compositions.Araluthiru tops the list followed by Ade Bhoomi,Odi Bandenu,Ivanu Geleyanalla,Male Ninthu Hoda Mele,etc.Does "Gelathi Neenu" spread the same magic?Lets see.

The track runs for 4 minutes 40 seconds.The song starts with a romantic tune played on Guitar.Sonu Nigam starts with a song and it reminded me of the songs made in 70s,specially when Shreya sing Kampisu......sihi mounava.There's a harmony after the first line sung by Shreya which is also repeated by Sonu after Shreya sings.Overall,a song is a nice melody which is slightly different compared to other melodious songs of Shreya.Btw,I sometimes feel that Sonu Nigam goes little nasal whenever he tries to put more emotions in the song.I don't think you all will agree with me.I felt that more in Chinna Hele Hegiruve.May be its his unique style.I don't find it appealing anywayz.

Ondu Ninna(Shreya Ghoshal) - Here comes the solo.The track runs for 5 minutes approximately.The song starts with a sweet tune played on Santoor.As far as I could get,its a happy track.Mano Murthy has used Hindustani Classical instruments like Tabla,Santoor,flute,etc.Its more like a Bollywood song.I have never heard this type of a song by Mano Murthy before.Shreya is as usual sounding melodious and I like the "Yay Yay" in the song which repeats often in the song.

Hope to hear more songs from Mano-Shreya combo!

No comments: