Monday, July 11, 2011

Short reviews of songs!

Hi guys..I am back!! Exams were not less that Internship came into scene!! I never thought I would be so busy that I would not complete my blog. I am not even abnle to sit on Twitter like before! I make sure that this busy schedule of mine ends soon!!

Again, I'll have to write short reviews of songs..All songs of Shreya recently have been super hit!!

Specially Zara Sa Ansuna tops my list this year! :)..The song has such a rich flavor.Hats off to Shreya and Deepak Pandit

1. Zara Sa Ansuna - Starting with my favorite track :).. Songs like Zara Sa Ansuna, that too in Shreya's voice is what I want everyday :)..Its my cuppa tea! The beats, the instrumentation, everything is soo unique..Its a romantic song from the Movie "Ye Faasley"..The combo of Shreya and Deepak Pandit always rocks!! The song also has another version which is almost same..The only difference is that it is a duet and has mridangam playing in the antara instead of dholak and the instrumentation is less in the later version.

2. Kitne Din Beetey - Another mindblowing song from the same movie..It has a slight sad feel to it.. It also has two versions..almost similar! Nice instrumentation! The song is my favorite as well :)

3.Poovakelu - Guess who is back? The superb combo Shreya and Ilayaraja :)..This Tamil song is a duet with Karthik.. Its a romantic song with superb syhcronization of instruments. Shreya , as usual is the star of the song! :).. The song has a carnatic feel to it and I got reminded of Konjam Konjam (again by Shreya - Ilayaraja)

4. Bavani Varugira - Another song by Shreya - Ilayaraja. Its from the Movie "Ponnar Shankar". Its sung by Shreya and chorus part. It seems like a Tamil village song. A lot of Carnatic flavor and very unique instruementation has been done by Ilayaraja..

5.Kannai Padithaen- Another melody from the same movie! Its a duet with Sreeram Parthasarthy..Its a typical Raja melody..Shreya sounds like an angel, specially in the antaras. I got reminded of Elangathu Veesudey after hearing this!

6. Mallar Villilae - Third song from the same movie! Its a duet by Shreya and another female singer Darshana! It has a carnatic music touch to it and the interludes between the antaras are simply superb. Shreya takes small alaap in the ending of both the antaras which impressed me the most. To be honest, the other female singer sounds just Ok in front of Shreya!

7. Thedi Vantha - Last song from Ponnar Shankar. Its a duet with Shreya and Kunal. Its a unique song with full of expressions and Shreya has rocked it!

ps: Sorry guys, I'll post the rest of the reviews later as I have to write a very special post "Met My God - 5" ;)

No comments: