Saturday, May 7, 2011

Vidhuramee Yathra - Gaddhama (Malayalam)

Movie: Gaddhama

Song: Vidhuramee Yathra

Singers: Shreya Ghoshal & Hariharan

Music: Bennet Veetrag

Review

This post is about the new Malayalam track of Shreya titled “Vidhuramee Yatra”. Rest of the other information have been mentioned above. The track runs for 4 minutes 11 minutes. It starts with a bhaunting tune, having an Arabic touch. Shreya starts the song with her mellifluous voice. Hariharan has given good support to Shreya. Wish I could understand Malayalam, so that I could give a better review but whataver I get to understand by hearing the composition, I write it here! The first interlude is awesome, specially the line where the chorus singer sings Allah… Shreya starts with the first antara. She, as usual, sings brilliantly and puts some classical touch in the antara which is a treat to hear.

Conclusion

A very different kind of song, with lots of new innovations by Shreya. Do not miss!

3 comments:

Sehrinaz said...

Hi;

I loved this track, it reminded me Saawariya. Shreya has singed it with so much passion that when I close my eyes I can visualize the story whithout knowing the language. The Arabic influence is used very good.

vinod said...

yes, i belong to Kerala. here again she has done a commendable job, the accent is amazing. our new singers cant sing like her

vinod said...

here in this song again, she has done a commendable job. you know she sings a lot better than the new generation 'manglish' (malayalam + english) singers.