Monday, December 15, 2008

Nee Sokalu

Two days ago,I wrote a post for Shreya's new Kannada song "Moda Modala" and she's ready with another Kannada song "Nee Sokalu".Music is given by V.Harikrishna and finally,its a solo......so,double treat for us.The song lasts till 4 minutes 42 seconds.I always get evry happy when there is a solo of Shreya.I dnt know how to describe this song.Its a perfect blend of Carnatic and Classical music,though its not a classical song.Shreya rocks as usual.The way Shreya takes the murkiyan is just outstanding.Its a gr8 song and sure to stay on my ipod for long.

1 comment:

KIRAN RAJ S said...

‘Nee Sokalu’ means ‘when you touch/touched me’…as the case may be…

I don’t know why…(you) thief…
I am not there within myself…
There is a dimple on my cheek…
My lips became coy (demure)…
Everything seems to be new for me today…
I swear on you…all my dreams have changed…
When you secretly touched the nest of my heart…

I want to draw pictures on the body of butterfly…
That smile which looked like a piece of moon has slid away…
A new word which I didn’t know…
Has stealthily come and sat beside me…and…
Has joined me…Has become my breath…

A mercurial pair of my legs…
Are delighted because of you…
To the dreams that fill my eyes…
You are the final frontier…
My mind has gone missing somewhere…
If you have stolen it…please touch me again…
I’ll be happy…when you touch me…
I’ll dance in glory…when you touch me…